Today is Hunter's birthday and I wanted to write a little about how much he means to me. It's not too often that our husband's get to be in the lime light (especially in the house with 2 personalities like mine and our daughter's). I tried to think of a million different things that I could do for his birthday...the perfect gift, the best restraunt, breakfast in bed...da da da. And although these things are great and he appreciates them, I wanted to add to the excitement by admonishing him for the amazing husband and father that he is. Not every child gets to have BOTH parents home every day...he works from home and spends time with us every chance he gets. (I know, I am so spoiled). He helps me with Kenzie in the morning and most days joins us for lunch at the kitchen table. Some days when I have had a bit too much of our energized 2 year old, he will put her down for her nap and let me relax before I start my work. He will help me with the chores too(laundry and dishes folks...gosh I love this man!) He chases our little munchkin around the house so that I can get dinner made (or I chase her and he makes it) and then he puts her to bed at night. He goes out of his way to make sure that his girls are well taken care of, and above all, that he is present in our everyday lives. I cannot explain the gratitude or love that I feel towards him. I think he deserves the lime light today, and everyday, for who he is, and most of all, who he is becoming. Hunter, I love you so much and hope that this is the happiest birthday you have ever had. I hope you enjoy your cupcakes my cupcake!
1 comment:
so sweet!!
Post a Comment